2017 Toyota Avalon
When Toyota first introduced the Avalon in 1994, it was classified as a full-size sedan. First sold exclusively in Puerto Rico, the Middle East, Canada, and the United States, the Avalon quickly rose in popularity as the automaker’s flagship sedan. The Avalon was designed and manufactured as a replacement for the Cressida, a rear-wheel drive sedan that was discontinued in 1992. Spanning several generations with over two decades of production, the 2017 Toyota Avalon is the latest version of the brand’s flagship sedan. Offered in both a standard and hybrid version, the Avalon is packed full of features and amenities that are attracting buyers to this attractive and sleek sedan.
From an intuitive interior cabin design full of premium amenities, to impressive performance capabilities, to advanced safety features – the 2017 Toyota Avalon is everything you need in a midsize sedan. The perfect vehicle for the single commuter or the busy family on the go, the 2017 Avalon is the capable companion you have been waiting for. Starting at just $33,300 for the entry level XLE, even the top-tier Limited version of the Avalon is exceptionally priced at just $41,400. Whatever your specific needs and budget happen to be, the 2017 Avalon has something great to offer.
Now classified as a midsize sedan, the 2017 Avalon may not be the full-size model it once was, but it’s intuitive interior design makes good use of every single square inch. Expertly tailored to suit the driver, the newest Avalon offers premium luxury options that allow drivers to customize their ride to their exact specifications. It starts out with a ten-way power adjustable driver’s seat that makes finding the sweet spot easy and convenient. A power seat extension delivers additional leg support that ensures complete comfort regardless of how much time is spent behind the wheel. The Limited trim level ups the comfort ante with black perforated leather-trimmed front seats which feature heat for cold days, and ventilation for warmer months.
The interior cabin of the Avalon may have been designed with the driver in mind first, but passengers will find plenty to love about the midsize sedan as well. Rear seat passengers will appreciate extra spacious leg room compliments of a near completely flat second-row floor. Heated seats are also an option for the Avalon’s rear seats, which only serve to add to the overall comfort of every passenger along for the ride.
Regardless of whether you are navigating from behind the wheel or enjoying the ride from the Avalon’s rear seating, every passenger will appreciate the thought that went into reducing interior noise by Toyota engineers. An acoustic noise-reducing windshield along with noise-reducing front and passenger side windows work together to keep the noisy sounds of the road outside, right where they belong. The Avalon Limited trim level features a power rear sunshade which retracts and detracts in order to provide maximum comfort on those sun-soaked days spent out on the road. Ambient lighting is also present throughout the interior cabin of the Avalon, providing a peaceful setting as well as a practical guide to locate items left in cupholders and in other areas around the cabin.
No family sedan is complete without optimum safety features and amenities. The 2017 Avalon delivers ultimate safety with Toyota Safety Sense P – an advanced safety system designed to keep you and your most precious cargo safe while out on the road.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: Combining millimeter-wave radar along with an advanced camera system, the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection is unlike any other system available. Using shape recognition technology, this system sends an audible and visual warning when a potential collision with a pedestrian is imminent. Without driver input, the system deploys emergency automatic braking in order to avoid the collision.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist: This advanced system was designed to keep you in your designated lane with a camera that is able to detect painted lane markings on the road. The system detects when the Avalon begins to drift from its intended lane and then alerts the driver to take corrective action.
- Automatic High Beams: Driving in the dead of night can prove tricky, especially when faced with twists and turns. The last thing needed is a distraction, especially trying to flip high beams on and off as oncoming cars approach and disappear into the night. This system eliminates any distractions by detecting oncoming vehicles from up to 2,000 feet away and switching the high beams on and off at appropriate times.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: This advanced system automatically adjusts the speed of the vehicle in order to maintain a preset distance between it and the car directly ahead. Another tool to help keep your focus on the road ahead, and minimize distractions within the Avalon’s cabin.
Aside from the suite of advanced optional safety features, the 2017 Avalon comes with a host of standard safety amenities designed to give you full peace of mind while behind the wheel. Standard on every 2017 Avalon, is Toyota’s Star Safety System. This suite of safety technology includes vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist technology, and Smart Stop Technology. Regardless of whether you opt for the base Avalon XLE or the top of the line Avalon Limited model, you will have complete confidence in your safety and security. When it comes to in-vehicle safety, you shouldn’t have to compromise. Thanks to the 2017 Avalon, you won’t ever have to.
While designers made sure to emphasize interior comfort and functionality for passengers inside the 2017 Avalon, engineers worked around the clock to ensure that Toyota’s flagship sedan was properly equipped under the hood for maximum performance and capability. But engineers didn’t stop with the engine block. Pairing advanced driving features that are the most impressive in its class, the Avalon is a must-see sedan for 2017. All that work paid off, too. The result? A highly responsive and smooth ride for everyone lucky enough to be on board of the newest Toyota Avalon.
- Powerful Engine – The heart and soul of the new Avalon is a 3.5-liter V6 powerhouse capable of producing 268 horsepower and 248 lb.-ft. of torque. Featuring dual independent variable valve timing with intelligence, this engine comes mated to a six-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence and sequential shift mode. All of the 2017 Avalon models come with standard front-wheel drive for maximum performance.
- Hybrid Option – For drivers more interested in saving the environment as well as money at the pump, the 2017 Avalon Hybrid is the perfect option. The 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine is paired with a 650-volt sealed nickel-metal hydride battery. Featuring ECO and Sport modes, the Avalon Hybrid offers an impressive 200 horsepower rating that delivers quite the punch.
- Responsive Driving Features – The 2017 Avalon offers optional steering wheel mounted paddle shifters for a unique hands-on driving experience that other versions of the sedan can’t deliver. Electric power steering on the latest Avalon offers two steering modes, Normal and Sport, which provide a more connected driving experience specifically tailored to the driver’s unique preference. While the Normal mode on the Avalon is still impressive, the sedan really sings in Sport mode. Increased throttle response delivers better handling and a quicker response exactly when it is desired.